5 Home-made Masks/Packs for Open Pores and Acne-Prone Skin
When I was a teenager, I always admired my skin! For a girl in my teenage years, my skin was flawless and pimple-free. However, over the years, something changes. As I began college, my eating and sleeping habits changed. I started ignoring my skin and soon I faced issues with open pores.
Soon these open pores turned into dirt-filled skin surfaces, my skin began to look uneven and patchy and before I knew it, my cheeks were covered with pimples.
How do open pores affect our appearance? Well, when we have large pores, it can make our skin look dull, uneven, and tired. Too much sebum, soil, oil, and bacteria can make these even bigger that could lead to acne or pimples. Apart from pimples, open pores could also lead to skin troubles like blackheads and whiteheads which could make your pores appear larger. Most dermatologists suggest that you could clean your face with a mild cleanser and exfoliate your skin once or twice a week. This can help you manage open pores and even control pimple breakouts. Below we have mentioned five natural face packs that are perfect for open pores and acne-prone skin.
- Tomato Juice Face Pack
Tomato juice does some amazing things for our skin. From purifying to cleaning up clogged pores, tomato juice can help in clearing up pimples and making our skin glow. Loaded with Vitamins A and C, tomato juice is known for its antioxidant and astringent properties. It is perfect for types of skin with open pores and pimples.
How to Use Tomato for Clean Skin
- Grate one tomato and extract its juice
- Add a spoon of fuller’s earth powder also known as Multani mitti to the juice
- Apply the mask on your face and neck and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- For pimple-free skin, use this pack at least twice a week
- Green Tea Face Pack
Green tea has been used for weight management for a long time now. Did you know it can also be used for clean skin, reducing the appearance of open pores, and controlling pimples? It can help control oil, get rid of dead cells, and make your skin look youthful, brighter, and clear.
How to Use Green Tea for Clean Skin
- In three tablespoons of water add one tablespoon of green tea powder
- Let the mixture soak in for five minutes
- Whisk an egg with 2 teaspoons of besan and make a smooth paste
- Apply it all over your face and neck.
- After 15 minutes rinse it off with warm water
- Besan and Turmeric Pack
What is found in your kitchen and is healthy and essential for treating open pores and pimples? It's besan and turmeric. Besan or gram flour helps in diminishing the appearance of open pores and regularizing your skin's pH level. While turmeric helps in controlling oil.
How to Use Besan and Turmeric for Clean Skin
- Mix one tablespoon of each: besan, turmeric powder, and yogurt
- You can also add some drops of olive oil
- Apply it over your face and skin and leave it for 25 minutes and wash it off
- Follow up by rubbing some ice and cream to keep your skin hydrated
- You can do this twice a week
- Papaya Face Pack
Have you ever used papaya for clear skin? No, then you need to try it soon. Perfect for diminishing the appearance of open pores and pimples, you can use papaya to get rid of dirt and oil that could lead to clogged pores, blackheads, and whiteheads.
How to Use Papaya for Clean Skin
- Take 3-4 pieces of papaya and make its puree
- Add half a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of raw milk
- Mix it well and apply it all over your face and neck
- After 15 minutes wash it off with warm water
- You can follow this recipe at least twice a week for the best result
- Almond pack
Almonds have many benefits, from healthy eyes to beautiful skin. It can help you in getting rid of open pores and pimples. It works well in improving your skin tone, reducing the appearance of dark spots, and makes your skin clean and youthful.
How to Use Almond for Clean Skin
- Soak 8-10 almonds in boiling water and leave for 15 minutes
- Once it is soaked, remove the skin and blend it properly
- Now, add half a lemon’s juice into the paste
- Apply it over your face and let it rest for half an hour
- Wash it well with lukewarm water
- For the best outcome, do this at least twice a week
Who doesn’t love clean and clear skin? If you are someone who suffers from open pores and acne-prone skin, then we hope that these simple and effective face packs can help you get rid of open pores and pimples.