Benefits and Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal on Your Skin
Laser hair removal has turned into a gift to save one from the tiring and painful experience of shaving and waxing. Laser hair removal has turned into the most well-known and effective treatment for those who want to get rid of wanted body hairs permanently.
Although the hair removal system has become very effective and popular, there are some things that you should keep in mind and consider before undergoing the treatment. Below we will be discussing how the laser hair removal system can be suitable for your skin type and how you can achieve the best results. There are things that one should know before going for treatment.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Works?
How to explain to a layman, how laser hair removal works? Well, it's simple. A high-intensity energy laser is focused on the upper layer of the skin and burns the hair root from the hair follicle through the skin. This energy burns the follicle to its root and keeps the hair from coming back.
No matter how simple this may sound, it is prescribed that you get skin and hair type tested by an expert or dermatologist before going for a laser hair removal treatment.
Advantages of Laser Hair Removal
Unlike shaving and waxing, laser hair removal systems do not have many side effects except the cost and a couple of side effects on skin that, however, may subsidize after a couple of hours or days.
The success of the treatment makes it a good deal for those who do not wish to keep on spending money on shaving and waxing. However, for some this hair removal treatment might not seem cost-savvy but it fulfills the task of permanent hair removal and saves a lot of money in the long term, and is safe for the skin. Below we have discussed some of the benefits of laser hair removal
- Painless and Easy: Unlike the traditional hair removal methods, you do not have to endure painful hair plucking or ingrown hairs issues. Laser treatment is pain-free and effective, however, some of the patients do complain about tingling sensation during the session.
- Precision treatment: The time of the treatment depends on the area that is to be treated. Furthermore, the accuracy with the laser focuses on the hair follicle that after a couple of sessions and with time it delays the development of new hairs in the treated region.
Side effects Laser Hair Removal
- Time Taking Process: The best result, you need to go for at least 4 to 5 sittings and if you wish for a permanent solution, then you need to go for at least 8 to 10 sittings.
- Costly: Although the treatment could be costly as compared to waxing and shaving, however, over time it saves a lot of cash.
- Tanning and Sunburn: It is recommended to patients that they keep away from fake tanning treatments and exposure to the sun both before and after the treatment. Especially before the treatment because the results may vary depending on hair and skin tone.
- Different results: The treatment's outcome depends on the area treated, the amount of hair as well as the age, sex, skin tone, skin type, and hair types of the patient.
Laser Hair Removal Treatments' Side Effect
There are only some minor side effects to the laser hair removal treatment that may include redness, tingling sensation, or open pores. However, these symptoms may subside within hours or maybe a day.
You need to go to a skin clinic that uses the US-FDA-approved lasers machines that are intended to offer the best results to the patients. Not just this, you should also keep in mind that this hair removal treatment can last up to 10-15 sittings, so it might put a dent in your pocket.
You must also be aware that as this treatment is based on your skin and hair type, you should get the hair and skin type tested by professionals before the treatment to avoid any harmful effects on the skin.