Self-Love Is The Need Of The Hour, Moms!
Happy Valentine’s Day to all the lovely moms out there!
“One cannot pour from an empty cup,” truer words have never been spoken before. To love is one of the strengths that humans have. But if you don’t love, nurture or care about yourself then how will you give the same to someone else?
This implies to the mothers too. We love our baby as much as we love ourselves or even more. Therefore, to clear out the air, self-love isn’t selfish and, everyone deserves it!
Being a mother is a full-time job. When you wake-up, you think about your child’s food, while you eat, you plan and chalk out different activities, even when you are about to hit the bed, your child is your priority! Must be tiring, isn’t it?
Where’s is ‘you’ - the normal human in all these?
Most of the women around me are hard-wired to think that if they don’t think or worry about the kids, then they aren’t conventionally ‘good’ moms. But hey, that isn’t how it is! When I had to leave my kids at home for work, I felt selfish and, that guilt kept me away from loving myself.
Please stop and ask this question to yourself, how often do you love yourself like you love the kids? And then you will have your answer.
By neglecting your needs and sacrificing happiness, you may not set a good example. Kids see and learn, and I am sure, you would want them to learn self-love. You want them to learn how to take care of themselves, wouldn’t you?
A mother who knows how to take care of herself, love herself is a happy mom and she creates a happy family. While practising self-love, you are giving yourself that positive energy, required to keep the family happy and running.
When I had my first child, I thought, I am going to love her to the moon and I do! But at the same time, I was upset that I could not take some time to nurture my plants and work out as I used to earlier. I believed, after a few months my routine will rebuild itself but no, it doesn’t happen! No prince charming will ever give us time for self-love if we don’t create it for ourselves.
A hard truth that all of us need to accept is that there isn’t going back to our older self, hence, accepting the new you will help you transform in unimaginable ways. You will then notice how energetic and more giving you have become.
I have jotted down a few points that helped me sail through the journey of these chaotic months to months that are smoother than before.
Here are 5 tips that will enhance your journey of self-love:
- Hobby lobby: After I had my girl, I had to part ways with my love for plants. A few months later, when I decided to embark on this journey of self-love again, I got myself a few plants and watched them grow. Surprisingly even my little one has started to take care of plants too. Do what makes you happy and see it resonate.
- Dial that number: Due to the hectic lives we already lead, a lot of us must have lost contact with our dear friends. Why not reignite those friendships again?
- Queen of the kingdom: Self-love also means taking care of your body. Have a nice long shower, get a pedicure or manicure done, cut or colour your hair, do what makes you look and feel good.
- One Meal Deal: Give that kitchen and yourself a break! Order in and set back and relax.
- Invest in yourself: Buy that lingerie you always wanted, go to that resort, buy products that make you feel good.I invested in an amazing shampoo, some paints and plants and an energy booster that keeps me on my toes throughout the day. Check it out here!
While it is easier said than done, self-love is significant. Doing that one thing you love every day makes all the difference. Developing a positive self-care routine will help you and your family’s growth. Remember, it takes a village to raise a child and sometimes, you are that village for your child!
Let’s start self-loving now!